2010's - A decade of growth and internationalisation
2010s is a decade of strong growth, development and internationalisation for Mipro. The development of our railway systems and the achievement of the highest Safety Integrity Level SIL4 open the doors to international tenders and signalling system deliveries to the main lines.
- In the 2010s we focus on comprehensive railway projects that we are able to win in international tenders.
- We make an opening for a new business segment and become a metro system supplier as well.
- Our internationalisation efforts pay off and we start our first international railway project with the Estonian Railways Ltd.
Our water and energy management business is able to increase the number of its customers and deepen the cooperation with long-term partners. We develop and launch new products and services based on new technologies to enhance the operation in water and energy works. Our digital services such as situational awareness system create the basis for new business openings and partners that will strengthen the traditional automation business.
a Decade of comprehensive and demanding projects
Our references in 2010s are a strong evidence of our competitiveness and know-how in comprehensive and technically demanding (SIL4) projects.
- Kokkola-Ylivieska double track signalling system project (2013-2017): The largest project in Mipro's history and the first SIL4 delivery.
- Modernisation of the Western Finland’s remote control (TAKO, 2014-2019): Mipro’s traffic management system controls the railway traffic in an area covering approximately a quarter of the Finnish rail network - about 1400 track kilometres.
- West Metro (Länsimetro) interlocking system delivery (2015-2017): an opening for a new business segment.
- Helsinki metro interlocking system delivery (2016-2019): a continuation for the West Metro delivery.
- Renewal of signalling systems for three marshalling yards in eastern Finland - Niirala, Kotolahti-Mussalo in Kotka, and Vainikkala (2016-2020): enhancing operations and improving safety are of the highest importance for marshalling yards that are the rail traffic centers between east and west.
- Ylivieska marshalling yard signalling system project (2018 - 2020): the renewal of the interlocking system and safety equipment controlled by it at the fourteen track marshalling yard continues our strong performance on the Finnish railway network.
- Renewal of the signalling system on the Lääne-Harju track section in Estonia (2018 - ): Mipro’s first international project.
- Process automation and instrumentation to Metsä-Sairila’s new waste water treatment plant in Mikkeli (2019 -): one of the most modern treatment plants in Europe and in the whole world with a process that is based on the MBR technique.